Welcome to Elements of Movement
My name is Suvali, I am a movement therapist based in Vancouver BC. I offer a unique blend of movement practices that provide a holistic approach to support the body in movement.
I specialize in:
- Classic hatha and restorative yoga
- Embodied dance
- Dynamic Embodiment Somatic Movement Therapy (DESMT)
- Pilates-based foundational movement
- Sound healing with Tibetan bowls, gongs and other sacred sound instruments
- Bodywork and hands-on touch
- Special populations: pre-natal and post-natal women, seniors, clients with post-acute rehabilitation
- Helping anyone who wants to develop a deeper sense of body awareness
The various modalities I have studied, create a variety of “lenses” to provide support for my clients, helping to strengthen and re-pattern their physical body to move with ease and efficiency. As they develop their movement practice it cultivates presence, awareness and connection in their body.
Yoga offers an Eastern Lens – supporting the client physically, energetically, emotionally and spiritually.
Somatic movement therapy offers a Holistic Lens – providing support to the client’s physical body from the various body systems and developmental patterning.
Pilates offers a Western Lens – supporting the client’s physical body from a functional and bio-mechanical perspective
Embodied dance offers a Creative Lens – providing support for expression, creative play and integration.
Sound healing offers a Mindfulness Lens – providing support for a restless mind by invoking meditation. It helps to relieve stress, calm the nervous system and harmonize the energetic body.
Bodywork offers a Supportive Lens to the body through hands-on touch.