Restorative Yoga – Individual Sessions
Suvali offers individual sessions of Restorative Yoga, a modified version of Hatha Yoga. Each session is done lying on the mat, using blankets and bolsters to support the body. The focus is not to feel a ‘stretch’, but rather to feel like you are ‘floating on a cloud’ with emphasis placed on comfort and ease. Sandbags may be placed on the body to calm the nervous system, helping the body to yield.
Each posture is held for 5-10 minutes, allowing ample time to surrender into the support. This leads to deep relaxation and ultimately meditation.
Private sessions are 90 minutes for $ 140 (Includes GST)
Benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Calms and soothes your nervous system, thus promoting rest and rejuvenation
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- If you have experienced trauma, injury or chronic pain, your nervous system will be in overdrive. Restorative yoga helps you let go of bodily tension, resulting in overall relaxation in your body and reprogramming of your nervous system
- This is a wonderful option for clients who have difficulty bearing weight as this practice is non-weight bearing
- Seniors with limited joint mobility who lack flexibility and strength are able to enjoy a gentle and restorative yoga session that supports the body and promotes gentle opening
- For clients who are challenged with inflexibility, restorative yoga is a great option to support your body. Over time, your body will open, allowing your energy to flow and your mind to calm. At a certain point, you may feel ready to move into a basic Hatha Class